This webinar is the first in a series, “It’s All About the Data,” which will detail the capabilities that healthcare providers need to transform into data-driven organizations.
The adoption of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) puts healthcare at the nexus of the biggest data collection effort ever undertaken with the biggest demand for information ever experienced. While healthcare has always been “data rich and information poor,” the real financial impact of not having current, accurate information about cost, quality and satisfaction is raising awareness that the data collected in EHRs across all care settings has additional value. And that data in other systems – scheduling, practice management, patient accounting, materials management, time and attendance, general ledger – must be combined with the clinical data across all care settings to provide a holistic view of how an organization is performing. To ensure that the right data is available in the right format at the right time, EHR workflow and implementation design must factor in these data re-use requirements. Healthcare as an industry is embracing the notion that data is a valuable asset that must be nurtured, managed and protected.
In this webinar, Dr. Jon Velez, Hartford Healthcare’s Vice President/Chief Medical Information Officer and Randy Thomas, Encore’s Associate Partner for Performance Analytics, will discuss the reasons why analytics is mission-critical now. They will then give an overview of the critical role each of the components below plays in a health analytics framework, presented with the rationale of “beginning with the end in mind”:
- An enterprise data strategy to define data needs and embrace the reality of a heterogeneous application environment
- Source systems, with an overview of the role they play in the health analytics lifecycle, including creating the right data from the implementation forwards
- Data governance, illustrated with a real world source systems example
- Enterprise data warehouses, with recommendations on how to avoid “boiling the ocean”
- Performance feedback to transform analytics insights to improved outcomes and efficiencies
Attendees will learn:
- Why the transition from fee-for-service to fee-for-value is requires integrated data
- Why it is critical to “begin with the end in mind” in creating your analytics solutions
- How a data strategy helps healthcare providers
- Why data governance is critical in healthcare
- The role enterprise data warehouses (EDWs) and health information exchanges (HIEs) play in health analytics
- Where your organization fits in the health analytics maturity model
Watch this video on demand: http://youtu.be/VkbjUploVtE